Unite with Fellow Investors
Choose the Best Attorney
Follow Case Progress
id: 200, Created by Stan Vick, Scout
Toronto Dominion Bank
What do I get by joining?
- You will get case updates and receive a payout in case of success
- If you would like to actively participate, you will be connected to the attorney
- No, you do not pay anything out of your pocket neither to us nor to attorney
On June 15, 2022, CNBC published an article “Sen. Warren asks bank regulator to reject TD’s $13.4 billion acquisition after customer-abuse report” which covered the following matters:
- "TD employed a point system and bonuses to incentivize workers to open customer accounts and opt into overdraft protection, and workers could lose their jobs if they didn’t meet goals;
- Workers were instructed to create four new accounts for each customer — checking, savings, online and a debit card — and opened accounts even if a consumer declined one of the options;
- That was one of several strategies cited by the news organization, including fabricating reasons such as fraud alerts to call consumers in the hope of convincing them to open more accounts, opening new accounts rather than simply replacing missing debit cards, and misstating key aspects of overdraft programs to encourage their adoption."
On this news, TD’s stock price fell by 3.66% the next day and lost about $4.6 billion in market capitalization, seriously damaging investors.
Failure to Disclose,
Shock Event Date
15 June 2022
29 August 2023
$TD Case-related News:
- In its shareholder report, a U.S. branch of Toronto-Dominion Bank disclosed that it has been approached by regulatory and law enforcement agencies, including the DOJ over its adherence to anti-money laundering regulations.
- $TD anticipates facing penalties as a result.