id: 338, Created by Stan Vick, Scout
How it works?
- Company agreed to settle with investors to avoid further litigation
- We prepare documents and claim payout for you
Claim deadline for this case already passed by, but we can still try and file for compensation for you
04 May 2018Class period Start
28 Aug 2020Class period End
02 Dec 2022Claim deadline
Palm Tran, Inc. Amalgamated Transit Union Loc. 1577 Pension Plan v. Credit Acceptance Corp.
Credit Acceptance Corp. (CCAC) agreed to pay $12 million to settle a securities class action lawsuit accusing the Company of deceiving investors about the Company’s business, operations, and adherence to the appropriate laws and regulations.
The Complaint alleged that the Company and its Leaders failed to disclose to investors:
- that the Company was topping off the pools of loans that they packaged and securitized with higher-risk loans;
- that Credit Acceptance was making high-interest subprime auto loans to borrowers that the Company knew borrowers would be unable to repay;
- that the borrowers were subject to hidden finance charges, resulting in loans exceeding the usury rate ceiling mandated by state law;
- that Credit Acceptance took excessive and illegal measures to collect the debt from defaulted borrowers;
As a result, the Company was likely to face regulatory scrutiny and possible penalties from various regulators or lawsuits.
Credit Acceptance Corp. (CCAC) agreed to settle with investors to avoid further litigation.
Ontario Provincial Council of Carpenters’ Pension Trust Fund, Millwright Regional Council of Ontario Pension Trust Fund.
Labaton Sucharow, Clark Hill PLC
Hon. Linda V. Parker
JND Legal Administration
Court hearing date
07 December 2022
+$12,000,000Total Settlement Amount