Unite with Fellow Investors
Choose the Best Attorney
Follow Case Progress
id: 458, Created by Stan Vick, Scout
Vintage Wine (VWE) financial statement issues Case
What do I get by joining?
- You will get case updates and receive a payout in case of success
- If you would like to actively participate, you will be connected to the attorney
- No, you do not pay anything out of your pocket neither to us nor to attorney
On September 13, 2022, Vintage Wine (VWE) reported its financial results and stated in its press release that it “recorded $19.1 million in non-cash inventory adjustments identified through efforts to improve and strengthen inventory management, processes, and reporting.”
The Company also disclosed that “the fourth quarter included approximately $6.8 million in overhead burden that was related to the first and second quarter of fiscal 2022, but not material to the respective periods.”
On this news, the VWE stock dropped 40% on September 14, 2022, and the Company lost $137 million of its capitalization, seriously damaging investors.
Now, Investors have all reasons to suspect that the Company breached their rights by not properly disclosing and guiding shareholders regarding material facts, specifically:
- that, due to a material weakness related to its inventory controls and procedures, the Company lacked a reasonable basis to report inventory metrics;
- that the Company understated its overhead burden in certain quarters, thereby overstating its adjusted EBITDA;
- Vintage Wine was reasonably likely to incur significant charges to restate prior reporting.
Failure to Disclose,
Shock Event Date
13 September 2022