Unite with Fellow Investors
Choose the Best Attorney
Follow Case Progress
id: 750, Created by Stan Vick, Scout
Atlas Lithium Corporation (ATLX) Case on Misleading
What do I get by joining?
- You will get case updates and receive a payout in case of success
- If you would like to actively participate, you will be connected to the attorney
- No, you do not pay anything out of your pocket neither to us nor to attorney
25 Mar 2022Class period Start
03 Mar 2023Class period End
- The Bleecker Street published a report pointing out that $ATLX has characteristics of a pump and dump scheme.
- Investors have reasons to suspect Atlas & its Leaders of misleading statements regarding the Company's prospects.
On May 4, 2023, The Bleecker Street published a report about Atlas Lithium Corporation, making the following statements:
- "We have a short position on shares of Atlas Lithium as we believe it exhibits many characteristics of a pump and dump scheme.
- Its predecessor company engaged in a similar promotional activity a decade ago, resulting in significant losses for retail investors.
- In the case of Atlas Lithium, its CEO has a previous association with Hunter Wise Securities, a broker that was fined $105 million for falsely claiming to sell physical gold.
- Hunter Wise was involved in raising funds for Atlas Lithium when it was known as Brazil Minerals. Moreover, ATLX's most recent offering and uplisting in early January were handled by a similarly problematic bank.
- Retail investors have enthusiastically embraced the narrative, expressing their hopes for a future acquisition.
- Atlas’ “Proven or Inferred” Reserves are only 80,000 tons of Lithium Carbonate Equivalent (LCE), and they are contained in a formation that averages just 0.22% Li2O, well below the economic viability of 1%."
Atlas Lithium's press releases in February & March 2023 stated, among other things, “We are quickly progressing on our desired strategic roadmap,” and “Our recent site visits at our flagship, 100%-owned lithium project were quite productive, allowing us to showcase our hard-rock lithium assets and ongoing drilling campaign. Our successful uplisting to Nasdaq and enhancement of our balance sheet allows us to continue to execute on our operational goals.”
Taking all facts into account, Investors have reasons to suspect Atlas and its Leaders of misleading statements regarding the Company's business, operations, and prospects, specifically:
- the Company overstated the success of its lithium mining and misrepresented the nature of its Brazilian mineral rights;
- in connection with these misrepresentations, Atlas Lithium conducted deceptive promotions to artificially inflate the value of the Company's stock;
- the foregoing conduct was designed to allow the CEO and other Company insiders to sell shares back into the market for a profit before the true nature of Atlas Lithium's business was revealed; and
- as a result, public statements were materially false and/or misleading at all relevant times.
Failure to Disclose,
Shock Event Date
03 March 2023
02 June 2023
Lead Plaintiff Deadline
02 August 2023