Unite with Fellow Investors
Choose the Best Attorney
Follow Case Progress
id: 546, Created by Stan Vick, Scout
Avaya Mismanagement Case
What do I get by joining?
- You will get case updates and receive a payout in case of success
- If you would like to actively participate, you will be connected to the attorney
- No, you do not pay anything out of your pocket neither to us nor to attorney
S.D. New YorkCourt
On January 12, 2023, Bloomberg reported that Avaya Holdings Corp. has held talks with lenders over a plan that could hand them control of the company as part of a bankruptcy filing.
- Earlier on December 16, 2022, the Wall Street Journal reported that Avaya “is nearing a chapter 11 bankruptcy filing,” citing people familiar with the matter. On this news, Avaya’s stock price plunged 54%.
- On August 9, 2022, the Company released disappointing preliminary Q3 2022 results and disclosed that there is “substantial doubt about the Company’s ability to continue as a going concern.” The Company also announced that its audit committee is investigating a whistleblower letter and its recent earnings report. On this news, Avaya’s stock fell 45.5%.
- On June 28, 2022, Avaya announced certain Preliminary Q3 2022 fiscal financial results according to which it significantly cut revenue and EBITDA projections. The company also informed about finalizing testing of its goodwill and intangible assets which is expected to result in significant non-cash impairment charges as of June 30, 2022. Furthermore, Avaya informed that prior financial guidance should no longer be relied upon. Following this news, the stock plunged by 48%, seriously damaging investors. This dramatic change of financial representation happened just 1 month after Avaya announced $600 million in aggregate financing commitments.
Taking into account all the facts and financial motivation, there is a reasonable suspicion that the rights of shareholders and lenders have been significantly violated.
Failure to Disclose,
Breach of Fiduciary duty,
Shock Event Date
29 November 2022
03 January 2023
Lead Plaintiff Deadline
06 March 2023
Hon. Catherine C. Eagles