Unite with Fellow Investors
Choose the Best Attorney
Follow Case Progress
id: 772, Created by Stan Vick, Scout
BioXcel Therapeutics (BTAI) Investigator Misconduct Case
What do I get by joining?
- You will get case updates and receive a payout in case of success
- If you would like to actively participate, you will be connected to the attorney
- No, you do not pay anything out of your pocket neither to us nor to attorney
- BioXcel disclosed that its principal investigator for the Phase 3 TRANQUILITY II clinical trial had failed to adhere to the informed consent form and may have fabricated email correspondence.
- $BTAI fell 63%+ and lost over $320M of its market cap.
- Investors suspect BioXcel & its Accountables of misleading.
On June 29, 2023, BioXcel Therapeutics, Inc. (BTAI) disclosed that its principal investigator for the Phase 3 TRANQUILITY II clinical trial had failed to “adhere to the informed consent form approved by the Institutional Review Board” for some subjects and failed to maintain adequate case histories for certain patients whose records were reviewed by the FDA.
BioXcel further disclosed that:
- the same principal investigator “may have fabricated” email correspondence purporting to demonstrate that the investigator timely submitted to the Company’s pharmacovigilance safety vendor a report of a serious adverse event, purporting to show that the vendor had confirmed receipt.
- the fabricated email correspondence was provided to the FDA during an on-site inspection in December 2022.
- the Company was investigating protocol adherence and data integrity at the principal investigator’s trial site and was retaining an independent third party to audit the data collected at the site.
- the foregoing “may impact the timing of the Company’s development plans for, and prospects for regulatory approval of, BXCL501 for the acute treatment of agitation associated with dementia in patients with probable Alzheimer’s disease.”
On this news, $BTAI fell 63.8% and lost over $320 million of its market capitalization, seriously damaging investors.
Considering all the facts, Investors have reasons to suspect BioXcel & its Accountables of misleading and failing to disclose to investors that:
- the Company lacked adequate internal controls over protocol adherence and data integrity;
- the Company’s principal investigator failed to adhere to the informed consent form approved by the Institutional Review Board;
- the Company’s principal investigator failed to maintain adequate case histories for certain patients whose records were reviewed by the FDA;
- the Company’s principal investigator fabricated email correspondence with a pharmacovigilance safety vendor that was then provided to the FDA;
- the foregoing would negatively impact the Company’s ability to obtain regulatory approval of BXCL501 for the treatment of agitation associated with dementia in patients with probable Alzheimer’s disease; and
- as a result of the foregoing, the positive statements about the Company’s business, operations, and prospects were materially misleading and/or lacked a reasonable basis.
Failure to Disclose,
Shock Event Date
29 June 2023
05 July 2023
Lead Plaintiff Deadline
05 September 2023
Hon. Sarala Vidya Nagala
08 September 2023
$BTAI Case Update:
- Seven legal firms have submitted proposals to represent a potential class of investors in BioXcel Therapeutics.
- The lawsuit claims that investors suffered losses when $BTAI announced an investigation into the results of a drug study.