Unite with Fellow Investors
Choose the Best Attorney
Follow Case Progress
id: 633, Created by Stan Vick, Scout
Block Inc (SQ) Case after Hindenburg Report
What do I get by joining?
- You will get case updates and receive a payout in case of success
- If you would like to actively participate, you will be connected to the attorney
- No, you do not pay anything out of your pocket neither to us nor to attorney
- Hindenburg Research issued a report on Block Inc (SQ) alleging Fraud in Company’s management.
- $SQ dropped 14.83% and lost $5.83 billion of market cap.
- Investors suspect Block & its Leaders of gross misconduct and misleading, which led to significant investment losses.
On March 23, 2023, Hindenburg Research issued a report on Block Inc (SQ) titled “Block: How Inflated User Metrics and “Frictionless” Fraud Facilitation Enabled Insiders to cash out over $1 billion.”
Among other things, the Report stated:
- “Our 2-year investigation has concluded that Block has systematically taken advantage of the demographics it claims to be helping. The “magic” behind Block’s business has not been disruptive innovation, but rather the company’s willingness to facilitate fraud against consumers and the government, avoid regulation, dress up predatory loans and fees as a revolutionary technology, and mislead investors with inflated metrics.”
- "Our research indicates, however, that Block has wildly overstated its genuine user counts and has understated its customer acquisition costs. Former employees estimated that 40%-75% of accounts they reviewed were fake, involved in fraud, or were additional accounts tied to a single individual.”
- "Core to the issue is that Block has embraced one traditionally very “underbanked” segment of the population: criminals. The company’s “Wild West” approach to compliance made it easy for bad actors to mass-create accounts for identity fraud and other scams, then extract stolen funds quickly.”
On this news $SQ dropped 14.83%, losing $ 5.83 billion of its capitalization and seriously injuring Investors.
If appeared diggings are constituting true facts, Investors have grounds to suspect Block, its Leaders, and its Service Providers of fraud and gross misconduct, which led to significant investment losses.
Failure to Disclose,
Breach of Fiduciary duty,
Shock Event Date
23 March 2023