Unite with Fellow Investors
Choose the Best Attorney
Follow Case Progress
id: 728, Created by Stan Vick, Scout
Charles River Laboratories (CRL) DOJ Investigation Case
What do I get by joining?
- You will get case updates and receive a payout in case of success
- If you would like to actively participate, you will be connected to the attorney
- No, you do not pay anything out of your pocket neither to us nor to attorney
On February 22, 2023, Charles River Laboratories International, Inc. (CRL) revealed that it had received a subpoena from the DOJ relating to an ongoing investigation in conjunction with the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (“USFWS”) into the supply chain and illegal importation of non-human primates for research.
The Company noted that it was voluntarily suspending shipments of primates from Cambodia, which would negatively impact its earnings for the year and would reduce revenue growth.
On this news, $CRL fell 10%, injuring investors.
Taking all appeared facts into account, Investors have reasons to suspect Charles River and its Leaders of misleading and failing to disclose material adverse facts about the Company’s business and operation, specifically that:
- Charles River had engaged in illegal activity with respect to its importation of non-human primates for research;
- Charles River was at a heightened risk of criminal and regulatory investigation by, inter alia, the U.S. Department of Justice;
- Charles River would be forced to suspend shipments of primates from Cambodia; and
- As a result of the foregoing, positive statements about the Company’s business, operations, and prospects were materially misleading and/or lacked a reasonable basis.
Failure to Disclose,
Shock Event Date
22 February 2023
19 May 2023
Lead Plaintiff Deadline
18 July 2023