Unite with Fellow Investors
Choose the Best Attorney
Follow Case Progress
id: 168, Created by Stan Vick, Scout
Discover Financial Services (DFS) Oversight Issues Case
What do I get by joining?
- You will get case updates and receive a payout in case of success
- If you would like to actively participate, you will be connected to the attorney
- No, you do not pay anything out of your pocket neither to us nor to attorney
- Seeking Alpha published an article reporting on analyst speculation that CEO Hochschild’s resignation was directly tied to DFS’s recently reported regulatory and risk oversight issues.
- On this news, $DFS fell 9.44%, damaging shareholders.
- Investors suspect DFS and certain executives of misleading about and failing to disclose over regulatory and risk oversight issues.
On August 14, 2023, DFS issued a press release announcing that its Board of Directors and Roger C. Hochschild “have agreed that Hochschild will step down as CEO” and President and as a member of the Board”.
- The press release also quoted DFS’s Chair of the Board, who assured investors that “the Board is continuously focused on Discover reaching its full potential across the business, including our commitment to enhancing compliance, risk management and corporate governance.”
- The same day, in an exhibit to an SEC filing, DFS also disclosed that its credit card delinquency rate increased to 3.00% for the 24 months ended July 31, 2023, as compared to 2.86% for the 24 months ended June 31, 2023.
- As reported by Seeking Alpha that day, the Company’s credit card delinquency rate now stood at a higher level than the pre-pandemic rate of 2.37% in July 2019.
- On August 15, 2023, Seeking Alpha published an article reporting on analyst speculation that Hochschild’s resignation was directly tied to DFS’s recently reported regulatory and risk oversight issues.
On this news, $DFS fell 9.44%, damaging shareholders.
Going back on July 19, 2023, DFS disclosed that it had misclassified certain credit card products over an approximately 15-year period as a result of an acknowledged compliance failure. In addition, the Company disclosed receipt of a proposed consent order from FDIC in connection with an unrelated regulatory matter. On this news, $DFS fell 15.92%
Earlier, On July 20, 2022, Discover Financial Services issued a Q2 2022 financial results press release announcing that it is suspending its existing share repurchase program because of an internal investigation "relating to its student loan servicing practices and related compliance matters. The investigation is ongoing and is being conducted by a board-appointed independent special committee." On this news, Discover Financial Services share prices fell by 8.9%.
Considering all facts, Investors have reasons to suspect DFS and certain executives of misleading about and failing to disclose over regulatory and risk oversight issues.
Failure to Disclose,
Shock Event Date
15 August 2023
01 September 2023
Lead Plaintiff Deadline
30 October 2023