Unite with Fellow Investors
Choose the Best Attorney
Follow Case Progress
id: 818, Created by Stan Vick, Scout
DigitalOcean (DOCN) Failed Accounting Controls Case
What do I get by joining?
- You will get case updates and receive a payout in case of success
- If you would like to actively participate, you will be connected to the attorney
- No, you do not pay anything out of your pocket neither to us nor to attorney
S.D. New YorkCourt
- In August 2023, DigitalOcean identified certain errors in the financial statements and the replacement of CEO Spruill.
- On this news, $DOCN fell significantly, damaging shareholders.
- Investors suspect DigitalOcean of misleading about the effectiveness of accounting controls.
On August 24, 2023, DigitalOcean (DOCN) announced that its BoD had begun a search for a new CEO to replace Spruill, who would step down as CEO and board member as soon as his successor was appointed.
On this news, $DOCN declined 8.4% and lost over $235 million of its market capitalization, damaging investors.
The earlier same month, on August 3, 2023, DigitalOcean announced that it had “identified certain errors within the unaudited condensed consolidated financial statements” related to the Company’s accounting for income tax expense, resulting in an overstatement of income tax expense in the quarter of approximately $18 million.
- The Company would be restating its Q1 2023 financials, and announced that this restatement would “also include disclosure of an identified material weakness and that our disclosure controls and procedures were not effective as of March 31, 2023.”
- The material weakness, however, traced back at least to December 31, 2022, according to DigitalOcean, rendering its Annual Report for the previous year inaccurate as well.
- Consequently, the Company conceded that it would also restate its financial statements for Fiscal Year 2022, originally filed with the SEC on February 23, 2023.
On this news, $DOCN fell 24.8%, seriously injuring shareholders.
Considering all the facts, Investors have reasons to suspect DigitalOcean of misleading about the effectiveness of controls over its accounting.
Failure to Disclose,
Shock Event Date
25 August 2023
12 September 2023
Lead Plaintiff Deadline
13 November 2023
15 September 2023
DigitalOcean Holdings Inc. faces a potential class action from investors who claim $DOCN concealed inadequate financial controls and subsequently acknowledged its lack of expertise in assessing complex tax transactions.