Unite with Fellow Investors
Choose the Best Attorney
Follow Case Progress
id: 886, Created by Polina Foster, Scout
Dollar General (DG) Inventory and Financial Setbacks Case
What do I get by joining?
- You will get case updates and receive a payout in case of success
- If you would like to actively participate, you will be connected to the attorney
- No, you do not pay anything out of your pocket neither to us nor to attorney
28 May 2020Class period Start
30 Aug 2023Class period End
- The Dollar General supposedly hid chronic understaffing, inventory mismanagement, and overcharging customers.
- Later, missed guidance and lower financial forecasts caused several $DG drops.
Lower-than-expected sales in Q4 2022 led to a stock drop in February, then the next big drop was in June, when Q1 2023 revenue fell $130M below estimates, resulting in a nearly 20% $DG decrease.
In August, poor Q2 2023 results and a revised sales outlook caused a 12% $DG fall. The company blamed this on weak consumer spending and increased theft.
Investors also suspect that the DG's inability to manage inventory and accurately price products resulted in lost customers, decreased sales, regulatory problems and damage to its reputation.
Shock Event Date
31 August 2023
17 November 2023
Lead Plaintiff Deadline
26 January 2024
William L Campbell, Jr