Unite with Fellow Investors
Choose the Best Attorney
Follow Case Progress
id: 613, Created by Stan Vick, Scout
DraftKings (DKNG) NFTs Case
What do I get by joining?
- You will get case updates and receive a payout in case of success
- If you would like to actively participate, you will be connected to the attorney
- No, you do not pay anything out of your pocket neither to us nor to attorney
- #DraftKings Inc. violated securities laws by selling non-fungible tokens.
- #Investors have suffered significant damages due to $DKNG & its Leaders' misconduct.
- On July 21, 2021, DraftKings announced its plan to launch DK Marketplace, a platform offering curated NFT drops for US dollar purchases and support for a secondary market transaction. The purpose of the DK Marketplace is to provide a platform to sell DraftKings NFTS.
- The Legal Notice prohibits selling or disposing of NFTs, other than through the DK Marketplace or explicit permission from DraftKings.
- DraftKings intentionally established an initial or primary market for its NFT securities, as well as a secondary market (or exchange) for its NFT securities, and ensured that it would receive the initial investment dollars as well as traditional brokerage- and exchange-like fees for secondary market sales.
- On March 3, 2023, DraftKings sent out an e-mail to all users of DK Marketplace notifying them that the Legal Notice had been updated. The e-mail outlined changes that indicate the level of control DraftKings has on DK Marketplace, including “lowering the minimum sale price for a [DraftKings NFT] Secondary Sale to twenty cents ($.20)” and “reserving the right to modify, delete, and/or replace the Content linked to, or associated with, your DraftKings NFT at any time with or without notice
Taking all facts into account, Investors have reasons to suspect DraftKings and its leaders of misleading and breach of fiduciary duties, specifically that:
- The NFTs were securities for which DraftKings unlawfully failed to file a registration statement;
- DraftKings ensured that money invested by Investors stayed on DraftKings’ private and exclusively controlled marketplace, propping up the market for an overall valuation of DraftKings’ NFTs;
As a result, Investors have suffered significant damages.
Failure to Disclose,
Breach of Fiduciary duty,
Shock Event Date
09 March 2023
09 March 2023
Lead Plaintiff Deadline
11 May 2023
Hon. Denise J. Casper
27 September 2023
$DKNG NFT Case Update:
- In a motion to dismiss filed in a Massachusetts federal court, DraftKings contended that the NFTs on their marketplace should not be classified as securities.
- They argued that purchasers of these NFTs do not participate in $DKNG profits or assume its risks.