Unite with Fellow Investors
Choose the Best Attorney
Follow Case Progress
id: 842, Created by Stan Vick, Scout
Emisphere (EMIS) and Novo Nordisk (NVO) Merger Case
What do I get by joining?
- You will get case updates and receive a payout in case of success
- If you would like to actively participate, you will be connected to the attorney
- No, you do not pay anything out of your pocket neither to us nor to attorney
D. New JerseyCourt
On November 6, 2020, Novo Nordisk A/S announced the acquisition of Emisphere Technologies (EMIS). Under the terms of the agreement:
- $NVO acquired all outstanding $EMIS shares for $1.35 billion.
- Novo Nordisk also acquired related Eligen® SNAC royalty stream obligations owed to MHR Fund Management LLC (MHR), the largest shareholder of Emisphere, for $450 million.
- Consequently, the total acquisition price was $1.8 billion.
Given the longstanding and at times privileged relationships between $NVO and Emisphere's management, investors suspect that documents for the subsequent proxy voting on the merger deal might have contained misleading statements. As a result, $EMIS shareholders may not have received the best price for their shares during the deal.
Failure to Disclose,
Shock Event Date
08 December 2020
04 October 2023
Lead Plaintiff Deadline
04 December 2023
Hon. Susan D. Wigenton