Unite with Fellow Investors
Choose the Best Attorney
Follow Case Progress
id: 1067, Created by , Scout
Envoy Medical (COCH) Unreliable Financial Statements Case
What do I get by joining?
- You will get case updates and receive a payout in case of success
- If you would like to actively participate, you will be connected to the attorney
- No, you do not pay anything out of your pocket neither to us nor to attorney
- On December 19, 2023, Envoy (COCH) disclosed to the SEC that the Company’s financial statements for the quarterly period ended September 30, 2023, were unreliable due to accounting error.
- On it, $COCH fell 10.71%, losing shareholder value.
- Investors may have grounds to suspect Envoy of publishing misleading information, which led to their losses.
On December 19, 2023, Envoy disclosed in a filing with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission that the Audit Committee of the Company’s BoD of Envoy concluded that the Company’s previously issued financial statements for the quarterly period ended September 30, 2023, should no longer be relied upon.
This determination was related to the accounting treatment of the forward purchase agreement dated April 17, 2023. The Company expects to restate this accounting treatment and reclassify the prepayment amount. Envoy further stated that the error was consistent with the Company’s existing material weaknesses in internal control over financial reporting as of September 30, 2023.
On this news, $COCH fell 10.71% and lost substantial market capitalization, seriously damaging shareholders.
Considering all the information, investors might have grounds to suspect Envoy of failing to timely disclose material weaknesses in its internal control and subsequent errors in financial reporting, which led to their losses.
The case is already under investigation by at least one of the reputable law firms.
Failure to Disclose,
Shock Event Date
20 December 2023