Unite with Fellow Investors
Choose the Best Attorney
Follow Case Progress
id: 854, Created by Stan Vick, Scout
Farfetch (FTCH) Poor Results & Guidance Case
What do I get by joining?
- You will get case updates and receive a payout in case of success
- If you would like to actively participate, you will be connected to the attorney
- No, you do not pay anything out of your pocket neither to us nor to attorney
- In August 2023, Farfetch reported poor financial results and cut its 2023 guidance, "pushing" analysts to downgrade it.
- Following this news, $FTCH lost 45% of shareholder value.
- Investor suspects Farfetch's leaders of concealing growth challenges in the U.S. and China, issues supply chain and Reebok collab.
On August 17, 2023, Farfetch announced disappointing Q2 2023 financial results:
- Revenue of ~$572 million, significantly less than the market consensus of $650.71 million.
- FY 2023 revenue forecast of ~$2.5 billion, compared to the average analyst estimate of $2.8 billion and $FTCH’s prior FY 2023 revenue forecast of $2.9 billion.
- On a call with investors and analysts, Farfetch's management disclosed that significant slowdowns in growth in the U.S. and China, onboarding challenges affecting the launch of the Reebok partnership, and issues with inventory and shipping had negatively impacted Farfetch’s revenue and GMV for the quarter, as well forced it to rein in expectations for FY 2023.
- Following the poor results and guidance multiple analysts downgraded Farfetch.
Following this news, $FTCH fell 45%, seriously damaging shareholders.
Taking all representations into account, Investors have reasons to suspect Farfetch's Leaders of concealing growth challenges in the U.S. and China, onboarding issues with the Reebok partnership, understating supply chain difficulties, and consequently, negatively impacting revenue and growth expectations for Q2 2023 and FY 2023.
Failure to Disclose,
Shock Event Date
18 August 2023
20 October 2023
Lead Plaintiff Deadline
19 December 2023
Hon. Theodore D Chuang