Unite with Fellow Investors
Choose the Best Attorney
Follow Case Progress
id: 817, Created by Stan Vick, Scout
Leslie's (LESL) Financial Misrepresentation Case
What do I get by joining?
- You will get case updates and receive a payout in case of success
- If you would like to actively participate, you will be connected to the attorney
- No, you do not pay anything out of your pocket neither to us nor to attorney
- Leslie's reported disappointing results and surprisingly cut outlook.
- $LESL fell 29% and lost $0.5B of its market cap.
- Shareholders suspect Leslie's of misleading about its true business prospects that consequently led to investment losses.
On July 13, 2023, Leslie's (LESL) revealed that sales in Q3 2023 had declined by a staggering 12%, its EPS was 42% below analysts’ estimates, and EBITDA was now between $124 to $128 million, well below the prior forecast of $197 million.
Additionally, after reaffirming its fiscal 2023 guidance the previous two quarters, Leslie’s abruptly slashed its financial outlook by up to a staggering 60% for the remainder of the year.
- As an explanation, the Company revealed that “consumers entered the pool season with a greater than normal amount of chemicals leftover from last year,” resulting in reduced purchasing.
- In addition, Leslie’s announced that its CFO Steven M. Weddell would be stepping down.
On this news, $LESL fell 29% and lost over $0.5 billion of its market capitalization, damaging shareholders.
Investors have reasons to suspect Leslie's of misleading and failing to disclose that its previous growth was caused by customers over-purchasing products to stockpile and such sales did not reflect durable and sustainable demand or financial growth.
Failure to Disclose,
Shock Event Date
14 July 2023
08 September 2023
Lead Plaintiff Deadline
07 November 2023
Hon. Susan M Brnovich