Unite with Fellow Investors
Choose the Best Attorney
Follow Case Progress
id: 810, Created by Stan Vick, Scout
Origin Materials (ORGN) Origin 2 Misleading Case
What do I get by joining?
- You will get case updates and receive a payout in case of success
- If you would like to actively participate, you will be connected to the attorney
- No, you do not pay anything out of your pocket neither to us nor to attorney
- Origin Materials announced a delay for Origin 2 constructions and revealed that it would cost more and yield less capacity than previously announced.
- $ORGN fell 66%, losing over $412 million of market cap.
- Investors suspect Origin of misleading about the timeline for the construction of the Origin 2 plant.
On August 9, 2023, Origin announced that it was changing the product slate at its Origin 2 commercial plant and delay the timeline for construction on the Origin 2 plant, from its initial expectation for a mid-2025 completion to a two-phase completion, expected to finish in 2028.
The Company also revealed that the construction at Origin 2 would cost more and yield less capacity than previously announced.
On this news, $ORGN declined over 66%, losing over $412 million of its market capitalization.
Taking all management's representations into account, Investors have reasons to suspect Origin Materials and its executives of misleading about the timeline and scale of Origin 2 construction and failing to disclose that demand for paraxylene ("PX") had dropped such that it would not be the production focus of Origin 2.
Failure to Disclose,
Shock Event Date
10 August 2023
25 August 2023
Lead Plaintiff Deadline
24 August 2023
Hon. William B. Shubb