Unite with Fellow Investors
Choose the Best Attorney
Follow Case Progress
id: 858, Created by Stan Vick, Scout
SunPower Corp. (SPWR) Financial Reporting Case
What do I get by joining?
- You will get case updates and receive a payout in case of success
- If you would like to actively participate, you will be connected to the attorney
- No, you do not pay anything out of your pocket neither to us nor to attorney
- SunPower revealed a flaw in its financial reporting controls, leading to inaccuracies in cost of revenue and inventory metrics.
- $SPWR fell 18% and lost $155M+ in shareholder value.
- Now, the investor is seeking compensation from SunPower in a California court for failure to disclose crucial information.
On October 24, 2023, SunPower disclosed a material weakness in its internal controls over financial reporting and that $SPWR would be restating certain previously issued financial statements for 2022 and the first two quarters of 2023.
SunPower explained that it overstated the value of the consignment inventory of certain microinverter components, causing it to understate the associated cost of revenue.
On this news, $SPWR fell 18% and lost over $155 million of its market capitalization, damaging shareholders.
Now, investors have reasons to suspect SunPower of hiding that due to a material weakness in its internal control over financial reporting, it had inaccurately reported the cost of revenue and inventory metrics.
Failure to Disclose,
Shock Event Date
25 October 2023
27 October 2023
Lead Plaintiff Deadline
26 December 2023
Hon. Edward J Davila