Unite with Fellow Investors
Choose the Best Attorney
Follow Case Progress
id: 641, Created by Stan Vick, Scout
Stanley Black & Decker (SWK) COVID Case on Misleading
What do I get by joining?
- You will get case updates and receive a payout in case of success
- If you would like to actively participate, you will be connected to the attorney
- No, you do not pay anything out of your pocket neither to us nor to attorney
- Stanley Black & Decker stated significantly slower demand & sharp projection cut.
- $SWK price declined by over 16%, damaging investors.
- Investors suspect $SWK and its officers of misleading.
On July 28, 2022, Stanley Black & Decker (SWK) issued financial and operational results for Q2 2022, and the press release stated that “the macroeconomic environment—including inflation, rising interest rates and significantly slower demand in late May and June—drove the majority of the challenges we faced this quarter”, “the softening of the demand environment accelerated rapidly during the last portion of the quarter”, and that “net sales for the quarter were … partially offset by lower volume (-13%).”.
On this news, the $SWK price declined by over 16%, damaging investors.
The financial media and analysts were quick to react to the news, with analysts from Mizuho Financial Group stating that the massive guidance cut “truncates anything that occurred in the quarter”, adding “this is significantly worse than we could have imagined.”
Taking all representations and appeared results into account, Investors have reasons to suspect $SWK and its officers of misleading statements and representations.
Failure to Disclose,
Shock Event Date
28 July 2022
24 March 2023
Lead Plaintiff Deadline
23 May 2023
Hon. Kari A. Dooley