Unite with Fellow Investors
Choose the Best Attorney
Follow Case Progress
id: 761, Created by Stan Vick, Scout
TriplePoint Venture Growth BDC (TPVG) Case on Misleading
What do I get by joining?
- You will get case updates and receive a payout in case of success
- If you would like to actively participate, you will be connected to the attorney
- No, you do not pay anything out of your pocket neither to us nor to attorney
- The Bear Cave report alleged significant issues at TriplePoint.
- $TPVG fell 9.98%, damaging shareholder value.
- Investors suspect the Company and its Leaders of misleading.
On May 2, 2023, the Bear Cave released a “Problems at TriplePoint Venture Growth BDC (TPVG)” report. The Bear Cave Report highlighted significant issues at TriplePoint, alleging that “TriplePoint is encumbered by high fees, weak management, and a weaker loan book saddled by portfolio company bankruptcies and upside-down startups,” and asserting that “the Bear Cave believes TriplePoint’s equity may be severely impaired if it has any value at all.”
On this news, $TPVG fell 9.98% over the following two trading sessions, damaging shareholders.
Considering all facts, Investors have reasons to suspect the Company and its Leaders of misleading statements, which led to investment losses when the alleged truth appeared, specifically:
- TriplePoint had overstated the strength of its various portfolio companies and loan book, as well as the viability of its overall investment strategy;
- the foregoing, once revealed, was likely to have a material negative impact on the Company’s financial position and/or prospects; and
- as a result, the Company’s public statements were materially false and misleading at all relevant times.
Failure to Disclose,
Shock Event Date
02 May 2023
16 June 2023
Lead Plaintiff Deadline
16 August 2023